CHANGES & PRECAUTIONS WE HAVE PUT IN PLACE.
- All staff will be temperature checked each day before anyone starts work within the club.
- Floor markings and guidance will be in place to remind people of the importance of social distancing.
- More signage will be visible across the club to remind everyone about the new procedures and how we keep everyone safe.
- No gym towels will be allowed on the gym floor.
WHAT EXTRA HYGIENE MEASURE HAVE YOU PUT IN PLACE?
- We are increasing cleaning frequency of all equipment and touch points around the club.
- Multiple hand sanitiser stations have been installed throughout the entire club for regular antibacterial hand washing.
- Specialist disinfectant cleaning stations can be seen around the club for all members to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- We will be introducing the use of state-of-the-art electrostatic guns to spray all equipment at intervals throughout the day with a unique solution that kills 99.9% of bacteria AND provides an invisible barrier.
WHAT WILL THE GYM FLOOR LOOK LIKE?
- Equipment has been re-arranged where possible to help with social distancing. Any equipment not in use will be clearly marked.
HOW WILL STUDIO CLASSES BE AFFECTED?
- All classes will restart on the 1stAugust with a new timetable. We will update you when the timetable is online to view.
- We are reducing class numbers to maintain social distancing within the studios but we still have plenty of availability. Floor markers will be provided so these numbers are not exceeded.
- Cycle studios will run at 50% capacity until further notice.
- We have adjusted the timetables to introduce 10 minute gaps between classes where required to help with congestion on entry and exit to the classes.
CAN I USE THE POOLS?
- All pools will be available but we have limited the capacity to help with Social distancing.
WILL I NEED TO BOOK TO GET IN THE GYM?
- No, with the size of the facility and following the government guidelines this should not be necessary.
- We will be monitoring attendance numbers within the club to make sure we don’t exceed capacity.
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?
- If you feel unwell at all please do not attend the gym.
- If you are only coming to workout please arrive in your sportswear, this will help with social distancing in the changing areas.
- You MUST follow current government guidelines when working out with other members.
- Use the cleaning stations to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Wash your hands regularly using the hand sanitiser stations provided.
- Have you ever thought of changing your training patterns to avoid busy periods?
- Please keep to the left when walking down corridors.
- Please take other members into consideration when you are in the club to help with social distancing.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP EXPLAINED
- We automatically froze your membership for you. No membership fees have been collected during the closure.
- With 25th July confirmed as our reopening date, you won’t be charged for the remainder of July as reimbursement for the March membership fees. We will also be giving you a voucher to use in the club and you will be able to use the facilities for a further 5 days once you have completed your membership.
- Your voucher will include a FREE PT session and a FREE day pass to use at the club saving you approximately £45.
- You will still be able to use club facilities from 25th July, with your membership payments automatically unfrozen on or around 1st August 2020.
- If you have cancelled your direct debit during the membership freeze, you can reinstate it with your bank.
- If you have an annual membership that ended during the membership freeze, we’ll add any time owed to your membership after opening.
- If you are in the vulnerable category or don’t feel safe you can freeze your membership up to the 1st September 2020. Unless notified your membership will then automatically be reinstated from 1st September 2020.